Wednesday, March 29, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Future Classics

Top 5 Wednesday Future Classics

I understand that "Classics" are usually novels that achieve both critical acclaim as well as popularity.

However, my list is simply five books that I consider must-reads that I would like to see become classics regardless of critical acclaim or popularity.

Top Five Wednesday is hosted by Thoughts on Tomes. For those of you that are interested in taking part, check out the Goodreads group here: Top 5 Wednesday.

Top 5 Wednesday: Future Classics

This week's prompt:

March 29th, Future Classics 
--Let us know the books you think will be considered classics one day!



5. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
This book is about a woman named Alice Howland, a cognitive psychology professor who discovers that she has early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. The storyline of this book is incredible-it's heartbreaking and difficult to read, but also hopeful, filled with love, and just plain amazing.

4. Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
The storyline was heartbreaking, but also inspiring and hopeful. The descriptions about Soloman's anxiety were incredibly powerful. In a world where anxiety still isn’t understood by those that aren’t affected by it, I think this is such an important read.

3. Thinking in Pictures: My Life with Autism by Temple Grandin
Temple Grandin, Ph.D., is a gifted animal scientist. To call her “extraordinary” would be an incredible understatement. The way that Temple shares some insight into the way that her mind works is truly an amazing thing to witness.

2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Though very upsetting at times, this book was an absolute joy to read overall. The storyline of this book is so important. I’d love to see this put on school required reading lists!

1. On Living by Kerry Egan 
This book is a must read for all. It's hopeful. It's heartbreaking. It's beautiful. And it's jam-packed with lessons that will hit the reader on a very deep level.


Thanks for reading!
What books would you like to see become classics?

6 comments:

  1. Wow a list without Harry Potter! Great work. I keep hearing about Wonder and must make time for it. All of yours sound excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I thought that one would be super popular so I avoided including it :) Yes! I highly recommend Wonder. It is YA, but it's incredibly lovely.

      Delete
  2. This is my first list without HP haha! I agree with Wonder, it's very beloved MG with important message for children. I could see it be a classic in the future like Little Women and such.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Highly Illogical Behavior and Wonder!

    ReplyDelete