Thursday, February 23, 2017

[Book Tag] The Book Courtship Tag

the courtship book tag

This tag was originally created by BookTuber Hi I Love Books. And I was tagged by my bookish buddy, Heather of Heather's Reading Hideaway!

In honor of my boyfriend and my third anniversary today, I thought I'd give this post a go!

The Book Courtship Tag


Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover

Horns by Joe Hill

I very rarely buy the movie adaptation cover edition, but for this one... I admit it. I bought this edition because Daniel Radcliffe was on the cover.


Phase 2 - First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary

A List of Cages by Robin Roe

When I read this book description, I was intrigued and immediately added it to my TBR. SO glad that I did. This is now one of my all time favorite books. Click here to read my full review.


Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing 

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye

This book has such a lovely classic writing style. My favorite feature was the use of absolutely stunning description. For example: "...it had snowed again, and an inch of powder lay glimmering upon the grounds, awaiting the performers as the pale January sunlight bent down to kiss the top of the trees." Click here to read my review.


Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I honestly cannot remember the last time the first book of a series hooked me like this one did... It probably goes all the way back to Harry Potter. The second I finished this book, I jumped up, put on my shoes, and drove myself to a book store to buy the second book in the series.


Phase 5 - Late night phone calls: A book that kept you up all night long

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

Be careful with this book; once you pick it up, you won't be able to put it down! I was hooked very, very early on and ended up reading all day and into the night until I finished it. I thought the whole book was paced so well, but there were plenty of twists and turns that I did not see coming! Check out my review here.


Phase 6 - Always on my mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about

Prey by Michael Crichton 

I read this book for the first time for a high school English class. For some reason recently, I keep thinking about it every couple of days. I think it's time for a re-read!


Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book in which you love the way it feels

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Barnes & Noble Edition)

This is my only leather-bound book and I absolutely love it! The texture is so soft but the book overall feels so sturdy, if that makes any sense. It's a really nice book to hold when compared to all my paperbacks or hardcovers.


Phase 8 - Meeting the Parents: A book in which you would recommend to your friends and family

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

Though upsetting at times, this book was an absolute joy to read. This was the second book I have ever read that made me want to stand up and clap once I had finished it. I think this would definitely be a hit with all of my friends and family.


Phase 9 - Thinking about the future: A book or series that you know you'll re-read many times in the future 

The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling 

There's just something so comforting and exciting about rereading this series.


Phase 10 - Share the love!!! Who would you like to tag?

Mikaela of The Well-Thumbed Reader

Click here to check out her lovely blog!


Thanks for reading! 
Have you completed The Courtship Tag? If so, I would love to read it! Feel free to leave a link in the comments section below. If you haven't yet been tagged, but would like to do this one; consider yourself tagged!
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. AW, thanks so much for tagging me; you're too kind! I did this on Books Amino, but I'll probably end up doing it again on the blog because it never hurts! ❤️ Totally agree on Wonder; I love it! I'm reading This Savage Song at the moment, but I'm not far in lol. - Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh This Savage Songgg! So freaking good.

    ReplyDelete