If you are a publisher or an author that would like to request an honest review from me, please review the following, and then fill out this brief request form.
If you are a reader and would like to see me discuss a specific book, please post the title and author in the comments section below!
My Review Policy
Genres I Do Or Do Not AcceptI'm willing to give almost any genre a try! The only genre that I will not read is erotica.
My favorite genres include:
- Graphic Novels
- Historical Fiction
- Humor and Comedy
- Young Adult
I accept hardcover, paperback, eBooks (Kindle friendly), and audio books.
I do prefer print over eBooks because I also love to take photos of each book I review to share on this blog and my various social media accounts. If I can choose between hardcover and paperback, I prefer hardcover, but that isn't a requirement.
If the book is an e-file that I can send to my Kindle, that is excellent! After an 8 hour workday staring at a computer screen, I like to avoid lit screens in my "down time" as much as possible. Though I will accept PDF's for things such as graphic novels or very short books.
Where I Post About Books
- This blog
- Books & Writing Amino
- Facebook (also on my personal page & in various group pages)
My Rating Policy
- 5 Stars- Books I absolutely loved and would read again.
- 4 Stars- Books that I enjoyed but just didn't have the oomph of a 5-star book.
- 3 Stars- Books that I just liked. I didn't think they were great books, but I don't regret taking the time to read them. I would still recommend these books.
- 2 Stars- Books that I didn't care for but may still recommend.
- 1 Star- Books that I wish I hadn't finished and would absolutely not recommend.
- DNF- I do not give star ratings to my DNF books, but I will still write a review on Goodreads ONLY.
I will read and review a book within 3 weeks of receiving it (time may vary if the book is longer than 500 pages).
When my review is ready, I will post it on my blog, Goodreads, and other social media platforms. Then I will email you the links to any platform that you would like to see.
Other Important Information
- I will write honestly and I reserve the right to say exactly what I think about a book.
- I will not read a physical book that smells strongly of cigarette smoke or anything else besides paper and ink.
- I reserve the right to DNF a book if it isn't interesting to me (see my DNF Policy here).
- I will not change my review if asked.
- I will continue to follow my reviewing methods; some books I only write a small blurb (example here), while others I take a deeper dive (example here), all depending on my interest and feelings about the specific book.
- I will not accept books that are part of a series if I have not read the others first.
To read feedback from others who have sent me work, click the image below: