Tuesday, May 30, 2017

[Graphic Novel Review] Lumberjanes Vol. 5: Band Together

Graphic Novel Review of Lumberjanes Vol. 5: Band Together

I think I jinxed myself when I said, "Lumberjanes Vol. 4 was definitely my least favorite volume of the series so far"... This one was much worse.

Lumberjanes Vol. 5: Band Together


First, what I liked:
I LOVED that chapter seventeen covered the girls arrival stories and first adventure at camp. Getting to know a little of their backstories was lovely!

This panel's reference to The Princess Bride made me chuckle:


Beware, the negatives:
In chapter eighteen, we pick up where Volume 4 left off. And yet again, I was not thrilled to see another switch with the artwork in this one... the rest of the collection continued in this fashion.



I felt that this volume took a major turn, one I didn’t like. It all seemed incredibly childish. The artwork was very boring to me, the dialogue was lacking its usual oomph, and the storyline wasn't very exciting. This volume also felt very rushed to me.

This was a total miss for me. If it weren't for the very first chapter in the collection, I would not recommend this volume.

Thanks for reading!
Personally, I just can't stand when the artwork in a series randomly starts to change. I miss the tone of the first few volumes of this series. But what do you guys think? Does the artwork change bother you, or can you just roll with it?
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment