Friday, May 12, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] May 12th - 18th


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addict Writer, where you answer a question and join a "hop". The purpose is to help bloggers discover and get to know one another. 

This Week's Question: 
If you read a book you ended up hating, would you stay away from future books by that author, or would you give them a second chance?

My Answer:
Yes, I will typically give an author another chance even if I have really disliked a certain book by them.

Of course there have been a few occasions where I DNFed a book and decided to remove their other books from my TBR list. This happened with Morgan Matson after I attempted to read The Unexpected Everything. Right away, I could tell that this writing style and genre just wasn't for me. Even so, I am still be interested to see what Morgan does in the future outside of this YA Contemporary/Romance genre.

Most of the time, I feel like I accidentally give authors I don't like a second chance simply because I don't really pay attention to names. LOL! Like, just sitting here typing up this post, I can't think of a single author that I would truly avoid.

Thanks for reading!
What are your thoughts? Do you have a list of authors your avoid, or do you just remember them?
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I wouldn't give them a second chance, except if the summary from other of her/his books looks really really interesting. I sometimes remember their names and I sometimes don't, it depends how much I disliked the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've accidentally given authors a second chance or two as well! I typically won't give an author a 2nd chance if I have issues with the writing but if I like the voice but don't like the plot or a character I'll probably try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to give a second chance, especially with newer authors who are still learning the craft and potentially improving with each book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I read a lot of books that are self published as honest review requests. Many of these have been rough, but I can't wait to see where the authors go!

      Delete
  4. I have avoided two authors who were demeaning women and would NEVER read anything by them again.

    A second chance could happen depending on what the book was about.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a good weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good call! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yes! I feel the same way. Writing style or a genre I don't care for are about the only reasons I might not give an author a second chance. Otherwise, I generally will give an author a second chance. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been DNFing like crazy this year! I feel like 2017 is the year both of us have realized that reading is too much fun to read bad books! Great answer E!

    ReplyDelete