Friday, April 14, 2017

[Graphic Novel Review] Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton Graphic Novel review

A couple of weeks ago, my reading buddy sent me a photo of this book's cover and I was immediately interested. Within seconds I was on my local library's website seeing if they had it in the system. I am very thankful that they did because this was such a fun read!


Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton book photo

This collection is so lovely! There is such a great range of topics; from historical characters to pop-culture. I really appreciated that the author includes a short blurb about the comic strips on the bottom of each title page to give a little more context or just some of her thoughts.

I thought the artwork was wonderful and the humor included made me chuckle out loud on almost every page. I highly recommend checking this collection out!

Check out some of my favorite panels below:

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton spiderman panel

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton nancy drew panel

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton tiny hermione panel

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton clickbait panel

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection by Kate Beaton founding fathers in the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment