Friday, April 14, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] April 14th - 20th


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer, where you answer a question and join a "hop". The purpose is to help bloggers discover and get to know one another. 

This Week's Question:
When you feature a book in your posts, do you include a book cover?

My Answer:
Yes! I always try to include book covers in my posts when it comes to book reviews and such. I think the book photo really helps make the post more interesting.

I also really enjoy sharing book cover images on my social media platforms. Sometimes my book images are simply just the book cover, other times I throw in other objects like a cup of tea or flowers. I have to admit, I find myself thinking up all these elaborate photos. But I have to tone it back. I have gone out once to buy props for a photo... I can't let myself do that again, otherwise I'll clutter up our apartment with junk!

When it comes to book tags though, I will occasionally include book covers. But I don't include them for each and every prompt unless the book tag is very short. Personally, I just think that including a book image for each prompt clutters up the post.

Thanks for reading!
If you take photos of book covers for your posts or social media, what is your favorite photo that you have taken? 
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I love taking photos of amazing book covers, but I usually only post them on Instagram. My blog posts just use cover images from Goodreads so they remain consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous book cover photos on instagram and other social media! I'm not great at it so I just live vicariously through everyone else's talent. I typically only use 1 or 2 covers for book tags or lists. I agree that it gets cluttered if you try and put too many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I almost always include book covers too. I agree, it makes the post more interesting, but I think it helps people identify the book. As much as I try not to judge a book by it's cover, it's still important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I rarely take my own pictures of books; I just use the Amazon image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like taking photos of books and staging them, but I am not that great of a photographer so they come out ok.

    Some folks take really nice photos of books with backgrounds. It sounds as if you are good at that.

    As for a favorite photo, it is one I put on Instagram. I had two books propped up with fancy pillows and put a border around the photo using the FrameUrLife or LiPix app...can't remember which.

    Have a nice rest of your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book photos are always so well done! I love your creativity with it. :D

    ReplyDelete