Friday, April 21, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] April 21st - 27th


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addict Writer, where you answer a question and join a "hop". The purpose is to help bloggers discover and get to know one another. 

This Week's Question:
Would you stop reading a book if an element of the plot strongly clashed with your personal beliefs, or would you continue reading until you finished finished the book?

My Answer: 
Eh, I probably would not stop reading. I have a pretty open mind when it comes to personal beliefs. I also really enjoy seeing other viewpoints of things that I feel strongly about. Further, I think is it incredibly important for everyone to read books that discuss topics that are a bit out of their personal comfort zones.

That being said, I may stop reading a book if it is just too extreme or too preachy. But that's really a whole other subject...

Thanks for reading!

19 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like your answer and point of view. YES! It is good for us to get out of our comfort zones. Even (or especially!) when it comes to reading preferences.

    Hope you will have a good weekend and here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/04/friday-meets-21-april-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think I am open minded person and I do read dark books, but sorry if it clashes with my beliefs I will stop reading it. Because it will just make me very uncomfortable and upset to continue reading on. That I will eventually will dnf it. Sorry that it just how I am as a reader. Have a great weekend and happy blog hopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DNF books that make me unreasonable uncomfortable as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good answer.

    I have stopped for lack of interest, and I stopped reading two books because of the way women were portrayed.

    Thanks for sharing, and have a good weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, lack of interest is the WORST. So many of my DNF's are for that very reason.

      Delete
  5. As long as it's not preachy than I will usually continue. I can't handle the preachy even if I share the beliefs of the author!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer. Preachy can be a turn off, but it's great to experience other peoples' points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well put! I totally agree with you. I think there are only a few reasons I would stop reading a book. For example, if the things going on are so messed up and nobody has any redeeming qualities it night be hard for me to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Some things are just too much. Thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  8. I agree with you. I am pretty opened minded as well, but there comes a point when I just can't read certain books simply because of the content and my inability to connect with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Connecting to the story or characters in some way, even if it's just slight, it so important.

      Delete
  9. Well said! I think reading outside of one's own comfort zone is a good thing. :-) And I don't like preachy books either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see how preachy books might warrant putting it down. When I read books that are overly didactic, I tend to feel contemptuous toward them.

    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete