Tuesday, March 21, 2017

[Top 10 Tuesday] Ten Books I Read In One Sitting

Top 10 Tuesday Ten Books I Read In One Sitting

If you've been following this blog, you already know that I read a bunch of comics and graphic novels. Most of these I do read in one sitting. However, for this prompt I decided that I only wanted to focus on novels. So below are my picks that are organized in order of page number, starting with the longest book in the list at number 10, moving up to the shortest book.

Top 10 Tuesday: Ten Books I Read In One Sitting

Top 10 Tuesday is created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


10. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Jim Kay (Illustrator), Siobhan Dowd (Conception)

This book is a very important read. It's heart-wrenching, it's beautiful, and it's extremely captivating. The artwork was also absolutely stunning. I loved that the artist used different techniques to create the dark images that complimented the storyline perfectly. Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! But make sure you have tissues ready!


9. Sherlock Holmes and the Circus of Fear by Val Andrews

This story hooked me within the first few pages! Though this isn't by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, it definitely captured his style.


8. For One More Day by Mitch Albom

This is just one of those books that EVERYONE needs to read at least once in their lifetime. Right from the start it will hook you in and not let you go until the last page.


7. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

I loved (finally) rereading this book just as much as I loved reading it for the first time years ago!


6. Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs, Andrew Davidson (Illustrator)

This book is absolutely stunning- the cover, the spine, the endpapers, the full page illustrations as well as the smaller ones, the fonts used- I loved everything! Story-wise, this collection was absolutely everything I was hoping for. It was like an Aesop's Fairy Tales collection for Peculiars. I wish there were more!!


5. The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain, Jane Aitken (Translation), Emily Boyce (Translation)

The Red Notebook was such an adorable little romance. I read it in just a couple of hours and I loved every second of it. Check out my full review here.


4. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

This was the first book I was assigned in school that I read all the way through, even though our assigned reading was only a few chapters. I just couldn't help it; I was hooked! However, I have not re-read it since then. I would like to get around to that soon, though!


3. Animal Farm by George Orwell

Such an interesting read! It's a satire that focuses on the Soviet Communist system from the perspective of farm animals. I was given this by a friend one afternoon and once I started reading I didn't take a break until I had finished it.


2. The Laramie Project by Mois├ęs Kaufman, Tectonic Theater Project

There are just no words to explain this book... This is a MUST READ for everyone! It's heartbreaking but you won't be able to put it down.


1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

I loved this book so much. The notes that Ron, Harry, and Hermione leave behind are a lovely touch. My only wish for a reprint would be for the book to have little cartoon drawings for each of the beasts.

Thanks for reading! 

What are your favorite books to read in one sitting?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Fantastic Beasts! I forgot about that one. Hermione, Ron and Harry's little notes were one of the best parts.

    ReplyDelete