Friday, March 10, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] March 10th - 16th


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer, where you answer a question and join a "hop". The purpose is to help bloggers discover and get to know one another. 

This Week's Question:
How far in advance do you read the books you have scheduled for review? 

My Answer:
Every once in a while, I will have a book or comic review post loaded and ready to publish the within the next day or two. But for the majority of the time, I publish a review just as soon as I have it written and properly formatted. However, if the book is an ARC, I will hold off on publishing until the release date.

I would love to get ahead! But I'm not sure if I can make that happen. The only types of posts that I do have written and ready to published long before I actually want to post them are these book hops, book tags, or other non-review related posts. 😀

Thanks for reading!
If you have book reviews scheduled in advance, I would love to hear your tips and tricks in the comments section below! :) 
SaveSave

11 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you are quite organized.

    I write my reviews as drafts as I read and then do editing and tweaking when I am done with the book. It makes it easy for me.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, and nice to see you on the Blog Hop.

    Nice blog, Erica.

    Have a great weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I also take notes as I read. It's so helpful!

      Have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. I SO admire all of you organized people! I'm anything but. Lol. I NEVER take notes when reading a book. For me, it just interrupts the flow of the story. If I'm reading nonfiction, I'd be more likely to take notes, although I rarely do so.

    Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, everyone's got a different method :) Maybe you could try taking notes whenever you happen to take a normal break, rather than stopping yourself while reading just to take notes.

      Delete
  3. I post as I finish too; however, for NetGalley ARCs or review copies from publishers, I may schedule them for a certain date... but always in advance. I'm never late posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't receive ARCs but I'm pretty much the same way. I just publish whenever I'm finished writing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only gotten one so far. I won it in a Goodreads giveaway :)

      Delete
  5. I love getting ahead on posts! The only problem with that (for me) is then I get too relaxed and all of a sudden I am not ahead anymore! I need to remember to keep writing posts and keeping myself ahead, even if I know I am ahead enough to take a long break from writing. If that makes any sense. hah! Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Or like you saw with me a few months ago; it's just so easy to go overboard and then burn out!

      Delete