Friday, February 3, 2017

[Book Tag] The Peculiar Book Tag

the peculiar book tag created by jessethereader

Happy birthday Ransom Riggs!

Today is his birthday! In honor of that, I thought I would post The Peculiar Book Tag.

If you've been following me, you know that I am pretty obsessed with the Miss Peregrine's series. So of course, when I saw this tag I wanted to immediately take part!

The Peculiar Book Tag 

(Created by JesseTheReader)

Abandoned House- A book you once abandoned but then gave another chance and ended up enjoying.

And I Darken by Kiersten White

This is the only book that I can think of that semi-fits this prompt. Until just this year, I did not have a DNF list. If I started a book, and didn’t like it, I always pushed through. I got 70 pages into this book, stopped to read a different book, and then picked this one up again. However, unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy the book the second time around.


Vintage Photographs- A book you would have loved to have seen illustrations in.

The Firemen by Joe Hill

I absolutely loved this book. If this is ever published with illustrations, I would definitely try to get my hands on it as soon as possible.


Loop- A series you wouldn’t mind reading on loop; Back to back to back.

The Harry Potter Series

There’s just something so comforting about re-reading this series, especially the very first book.


Peculiar Children- A characters ability that you desire to have for yourself.

Sam

I gotta go with Sam! With how clumsy I am, her peculiarity would come in the most handy!


Miss Peregrine- Your favorite character that is a leader.

Tyler Durden from Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

But I can’t really talk about it ;)


Jacob- Your favorite story where a regular kid discovers an extraordinary world. 

This has to be Harry Potter. 

The chapter where he first hears about magic from Hagrid is just too good.


Emma- A fierce and fiery character.

Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy.

“The Girl On Fire.” Need I say more? :) Katniss was so strong through every single thing that was thrown at her. She refused to conform to the lifestyle of those that lived in the capital. And she wasn’t afraid to fight for what she thought was right.


Millard- A book that seems to be invisible but needs to be read by more people.

The Keeper and the Rune Stone by Paige W. Pendleton.

This book is SO much fun! If you haven’t heard of it, please check it out. I HIGHLY recommend it.


Olive- A book that you bought that floated to the top of your TBR. 

Tales of the Peculiar. 

I had been looking forward to this book from the moment it was announced. As soon as this book came in the mail, I started reading.


Hugh- A book that stung and caused a lot of feelings.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. 

Oh the feels! This book was one of the very few that have made be straight up ugly-cry.


Enoch- (NO SPOILERS) A book character that you would bring back to life.

The Walking Dead comic series. 

It’s no spoiler here that a lot of people die…but one particular death hit harder than all the rest.


Bronwyn- A physically strong character. 

Peekay from The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay 

I don’t want to give too much of this story away, just in case someone reading this hasn’t read it. But check it out; This is my all time favorite book.


Hollowgasts- A book you read that felt like an experiment gone wrong. 

Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman

The organization of this book and all the very harsh transitions made this book very hard for me to follow. I just think if there was a bit more in the beginning that helps set the story, that would have helped me. It just started out so darn jumbled and it took a long time for me to get into it, which I really dislike in a book.


Wights- A book that felt like it consumed tropes that you have seen done in other books. 

Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith 

I also felt like this story couldn’t really decide what it wanted to be. One minute it was just a normal sci-fi storyline but then it turned into a war story, then an adventure, then a religious theme popped in, then a love story came into play complete with the overused love-triangle theme, then it became a murder mystery…then oh yeah-bach to the war story... like, what? If the author had just picked a couple of those, I think I would have liked it more. It just felt like it was trying to be too much too quickly, and every topic seemed very similar to other stories.

Thanks for reading!

Have you read the Miss Peregrine's series yet? I would love to hear your thoughts. If you have not read it yet, I highly recommend it! The movie is also very good! It's different from the book, but still good.

If you haven't yet been tagged, but would like to do this one; consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

  1. Great tag! I love your answers :) I haven't read Miss Peregrine's and don't think I could answer half of the questions but it's fun to read!

    ReplyDelete