Saturday, February 18, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] February 17th-23rd


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addict Writer, where you answer a question and join a "hop". The purpose is to help bloggers discover and get to know one another. This is my first time taking part and I cannot wait to check out the other responses! 

This Week's Question:
Can you read and watch TV or listen to the radio at the same time? 

My Answer:
I usually cannot. Typically, if there is anything going on around me with spoken word, I tend to lose focus. That can be the television, the radio, one of my boyfriends video games, or any type of nearby conversation. I can only focus when the noise in the background is low, though I don't need complete silence either. If that makes any sense. 

My boyfriend is a huge gamer, and he really enjoys video games that he can play with friends. If I'm already reading, he will always ask, "Mind if I jump on party chat?" And of course, I always say that I don't mind. Luckily, he uses a headset to do so because he needs a microphone. So it's not a full-blown conversation with multiple voices that I have to try to tune out, it's just him talking every now and again. This, I totally don't mind. But even so, there are plenty of times that something he says totally catches me off guard and pulls my focus away from my reading for a minute. 😀
SaveSave
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. I can understand that! That tends to happen to me if the book I am reading doesn't have my full attention. If it does, I am able to block everything out and won't even notice if someone tries to talk to me. LOL Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. Ohh I wish I can do that but unfortunately I can never tune out anybody or any noise like that. I just get distracted to easily I think. lol Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's tricky! There are some days that I find I'm much more easily distracted than others. And of course! Thank you for stopping by mine here as well :)

      Delete