Wednesday, January 18, 2017

[Book Tag] The Winter Wonderland Book Tag

the winter wonderland book tag

Oh, Winter...

Just a few days ago, it was 50 degrees and raining! Then last night, we got another snow storm. There's at least 6 inches out there... So before I head outside to shovel our cars out, I wanted to post this book tag.

The Winter Wonderland Book Tag

(As seen on PeruseProject's channel)

What Book Is So Happy And So Sweet That It Just Warms Your Heart?

Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley



This book was an absolute joy to read. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. And once it was over, I was so sad because I wanted to live in the story for much longer. I loved everything about this book. The storyline was heartbreaking, but also inspiring and hopeful. The descriptions about Soloman's anxiety were incredibly powerful. The characters were lovable. The family dynamics in the Reed house was absolutely lovely and real. The writing was fantastic. I highly recommend this book!


What Is Your Favorite Book With A White Cover?

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone


every last work book photo

This book cover is so simple, yet striking. And the story...I absolutely loved it. I struggled to put the book down, so once you begin reading, prepare to be totally sucked in. It was such a beautiful, heart-breaking, and inspiring story about OCD. So many parts of this hit me right in the feels, and there was a bit towards the end that gave me goosebumps all over my body when I was reading. I would definitely read this book again, and I would highly recommend it to everyone.


You’re Sitting In Your Favorite Reading Chair, Drinking Hot Chocolate... What Monster (Large) Book Are You Reading?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling



There’s just something about winter, hot chocolate, and the Harry Potter series...


It Started Snowing And You Decided To Have A Snowball Fight. What Fictional Character Do You Want To Have The Snowball Fight With?

Deadpool. 
deadpool comic photo

My answer to any question like this will always be Deadpool. Can you imagine how hysterical a snowball fight with him would be?!


Your Fire Is Going Out. What Last Few Chapters Of A Book Would You Throw Into The Fire To Revive It?

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma


the walls around us book photo

I thought that this book had a very slow and boring start. I was never "hooked" into the story at all. I felt that the plot was predictable (seriously myself and my book buddy both called it early on). Following along to the storyline itself was confusing at times because of the organization. I only cared about one of the characters. The ending made me say out loud "are you kidding me?" and not in a good way...


What Book Is So Close To Your Heart That You Would Love to Give It Away As A Christmas Gift? 

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald


the readers of broken wheel recommend book photo

This was such a cute story! If you are a book lover who enjoys books that are about books, this one is for you! Very predictable, but I was drawn right in and hooked from the very beginning. Of course, when I say "hooked" in this case, I don't mean that it was incredibly action packed or thrilling- it was just lovely! I loved the quirky characters, their love for their community, and all of their wackiness. I fell in love with this book immediately, possibly because I grew up in a very small town so I could imagine the storyline really coming to life. I felt totally immersed in this story while I was reading.

Thanks for reading!

I am always looking for some great winter reads to help get me through the season. Feel free to leave me some suggestions in the comments below!

If you haven't yet been tagged, but would like to do this one; consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment