Friday, January 6, 2017

[Book Tag] The TBR Book Tag

TBR book tag

I promise that I will be posting an actual book review soon! I'm very slowly making my way through my first book of 2017. It's taking awhile because the main point of the book is really bothering me. However, I am liking the storyline just enough to complete it. I'm hoping to finish it tonight, so I will have the review up tonight or tomorrow.

So as I'm sure you can see, I'm a bit obsessed with book tags. 😀 I saw this book tag floating around on Books Amino, but unfortunately I haven't seen a post that gives the creator any credit. So if you know who created this tag, please let me know!

The TBR Book Tag


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I'm all over the place with my TBR's!

  • First, I have my Goodreads "To Read" shelf that is home to all of the books that I want to read at some point. 
  • I have a notes doc that syncs between my laptop and phone where I have listed a number of books and comics that I want to read. Some of these are organized by month so I will have a list of books that I want to read during that time. For example, I have already started my list of spooky books for October. Others are copied and pasted from my reading buddy. And some are books I wanted to read after watching a review about them, organized by booktuber. I also have links in this note that lead to blogs of lists of books that I want to check out eventually. 
  • I have a few small collections on my library account where I add books and comics when I have used the online catalogue to search and saw that they are in the system, just not at my local library. 
  • I have a list on my Litsy account of all the books people I follow have posted about that I want to get to someday.
  • I have a stack of books I own but have not read on the book shelf under my desk.
  • Lastly, I have a line up of books that are a mix of books I own and library books on our bay window that are lined up in order of when I want to read them. 
Is your TBR mostly print or ebook? 
It is a solid mix of both. I'm not really picky when it comes to choosing to read on a kindle vs a print book.

What book has been on your TBR the longest?
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman, added to my TBR on August 15th 2014. Phew!

What book did you most recently add to your TBR?
The Complete Persepolis (Persepolis #1-4) by Marjane Satrapi, added to my TBR January 5th 2017.

What book did you add to your TBR strictly because of the cover?
Carrots (Shelby Nichols #1) by Colleen Helme. My friend and I downloaded this ebook when it was free because we thought the cover was just so ridiculous. It is a woman facing away from the camera holding a gun in her right hand and a bunch of carrots in her left. This book is on our TBR for this year, so stay tuned for our thoughts!

What book on your TBR do you never plan on actually reading?
A few weeks ago, I cleaned up my TBR list on Goodreads and deleted all of the books I didn't think I would actually read. So I have nothing for this prompt!

What unpublished book do you have on your TBR that you are excited about?
Fever Dream by Samanta Schweblin and Megan McDowell. It sounds SO creepy. I cannot wait!

What book on your TBR has seemingly everyone read except for you?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I wasn't a huge fan of FanGirl, so I've been stalling with this book.

What book on your TBR has everyone recommended to you? 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I've been stalling with this one because when I was in England for CamTrad, I went to a session with an author who read us excerpts from his book. I was so uninterested in the story and found the author to be incredibly arrogant. I have always sworn it was this guy, but I can't be positive. I do want to give this book a try eventually! Once I finally get around to reading this book, I will make sure to update this to say whether or not it was actually him!

What book on your TBR are you dying to read? 
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab. THIS BOOK IS UP NEXT ON MY TBR!! I am SO excited.

How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf? 
As of January 6th at 5:10pm, there are 446 books on my Goodreads shelf.

Thanks for reading!

Oh the TBR list... I jumped into this thinking it would be fun, but it ended up making me a bit anxious. Thank goodness I'm about to dive into a TBR takedown weekend! What books are up next on your TBR list?

If you haven't yet been tagged, but would like to do this one; consider yourself tagged!
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment