Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Current Shelfies

my current shelfies

As I said in 25 Bookish Facts About Me, I dream of owning beautiful bookshelves someday. They don’t have to be super fancy or anything, just some decent shelves from IKEA would do. I just cannot wait to have my books all in one area rather than scattered around. 

The last time my books were on bookshelves that sat side by side was in elementary school when I had the “secret” library. Since then, my books had been scattered around a bedroom stacked up on any empty surface that I could find, they’ve been shoved under beds or in closets in dorm rooms, they’ve even been left in storage while I moved to a different state. 

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I just don’t have the space for shelving right now. So we’re making due the best we can.
It drives me a bit bonkers that I don't have any real organization going on. And as you will soon see, these shelves could really use some love. So for those of you out there that are shelf organization wizards, feel free to comment below with any ideas or suggestions you'd like to send my way!

My Current Shelfies

The "Tower"


book crate stack

This "tower" is made up of wooden crates that I purchased from a craft store and then painted white. I have moved six times since first going away to college, and with all that moving around, these crates have been absolutely perfect. 

Before the crates ended up in this tower, we had them below our bedroom windows in three stacks. However, the windows in our town house don't seal...and one day during a very windy rainstorm, I went to check the widows and watched the flow-guard get overwhelmed by the storm and water started to pour over the windowsill. Thank goodness I got the books out of the way before anything was wrecked! 

I liked the three stacks much better than this tower...but this works for now. And at least my books are safe!

The Shelf Under My Desk


small book shelf under desk

In the corner of our living room is my standing desk. When we got it all set up, it was still a bit too short, so yes, those are bed risers that you see on the right. 😀

Underneath this desk, I stuck my childhood bookshelf. It doesn't look that great, but it holds book and it fits the space perfectly! 

The Hutch


book selfie hutch

Lastly, we have my boyfriends hutch. This hutch used to be the home for all of our nerdy things until the fiasco with the leaky windows upstairs. Now, it is home to some of my series collections. I tried really hard to only take over the bottom shelf, but as you can see I've now spread to the top shelf as well... Sorry Alex!

Thanks for reading!

I'd love to see how you organize your books! If you have done a shelfie post, feel free to post the link in the comments section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment