Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Bookish Christmas Haul

2016 Christmas book haul

Every year, I am absolutely blown away by the generosity of my friends and family.

So firstly, I would like to give them all another thank you shout out: You all mean so much to me, I cannot thank you enough for everything you do every day of the year, let alone during the holidays!

Now that I've finished my gift exchange with friends, I wanted to make a quick post. As you can see, it's pretty simple haul post.

So here we go!

My Bookish Christmas Haul


The Books:

A River Named Helen by Mark Kinsella

My boyfriends father gave me this book and I cannot wait to read it! It was written by one of his coworkers so he was able to get the book signed for me. Such a thoughtful and lovely gift!

a river named helen by mark kinsella


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Every year, my reading buddy and I gift each other one of our favorite books. This is the book that she got me this year. I cannot wait to dive in! And bonus, she got me the tall copy of this book, so it is going to look lovely on my shelves!

the name of the wind by patrick rothfuss


The Walking Dead: Book 6 by Robert Kirkman

I've been working on my collection of Walking Dead books for quite a while now. I'm always so tempted to just buy the books that I am missing, but I have been pretty intense about my budget, and that overrides the urge to splurge. When my boyfriend handed me this book, I was beyond thrilled!



The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

My mom had a chance to visit Print in Portland, Maine for the first time (SO jealous! I have yet to make it there). While she was browsing, she called me to ask what book I had at the top of my wishlist. This was one of my favorite reads of 2016 and I'm already itching to re-read it!

the readers of broken wheel recommend by Katarina Bivald


The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

And lastly for the books, we have a little gift I bought myself. When I saw this beautiful edition at Barnes and Noble, I just couldn't help myself.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


Other Bookish Gifts: 


Book Marks

These are just two of the many lovely gifts that my IR4 buddy sent to me! They know me so well!



Ginny Weasley's Wand

This wand has been on my wish list for a very long time. But again, I was so stubborn about my budget that I never bought it for myself. When my boyfriend handed me a long thin box, I knew what it was immediately...and of course I started crying. The weight of the wand surprised me! I cannot wait to have nice bookshelves so I can display this near my Harry Potter collection! 

ginny weasley's wand


Newt Scamander and Jacob Kowalski Funko Pops

Another gift from my boyfriend! My goodness; how adorable are these two?! We also have the Niffler, which we purchased right away after watching the movie in theaters. 

Newt Scamander and Jacob Kowalski Funko Pops


Guardians of the Galaxy Funko Pops

Apparently it was a Pop themed year! 😀 Rocket Raccoon and Groot are actually my boyfriends swap gift from his buddies, but I had to include them. Star Lord is from my reading buddy and best friend!

Guardians of the Galaxy Funko Pops


Captain America Ornament

Alex's sister gifted me an awesome Captain America ornament from Hallmark. Unfortunately, we already packed up all the Christmas decor, and I can't find the photo I took of the ornament on the tree...but for now, here's a photo from Amazon.
captain america hallmark ornament


Thanks for reading!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday season! What was your favorite holiday gift this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment