Sunday, January 1, 2017

[Graphic Novel Review] Rat Queens Vol. 1: Sass and Sorcery

rat queens vol 1 review

After reading Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan, I jumped right into reading the first volume in the Rat Queens series. Ohmygoodness, I cannot believe how long it took me to finally read this! I've had multiple people suggest that I read it, but for some reason I was just slow to pick it up.

Rat Queens Vol. 1: Sass and Sorcery


This is a darker comic with strong language. It is one that you really just need to dive into, so I won't give any of the plot away. I will say that the storyline was simple, but captivating. The entire volume was action packed with bits of humor sprinkled in.

rat queens humor

I thought that the characters were all wonderfully developed and their personalities are very interesting. I can't wait to read more about them! I haven't yet decided if I have a favorite character; they are all so unique.

rat queens Hannah


The artwork in this collection is absolutely stunning! It’s so detailed and very, very gory at times. One comic panel actually made me flinch because it was so graphic (if you've read this, I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about).


My final thoughts:I cannot wait to get my hands on the second volume! I gave this collection four stars.

Click here to check out my review for Rat Queens Vol. 2!


Thanks for reading! 
What is your favorite comic or graphic novel? I'd love to hear about it the comments section below.
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment