Sunday, January 1, 2017

[Graphic Novel Review] Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan

Lumberjanes Vol. 3 Review

To start 2017 off on the right foot, I read Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson and Shannon Watters.

This volume had a number of designers, including;  Carolyn Nowak (Illustrator), Maarta Laiho (Colorist), Aubrey Aiese (Letterer), Brittney Williams (Illustrator), Aimee Fleck (Illustrator), Faith Erin Hicks (Goodreads Author) (Author/Illustrator), Rebecca Tobin (Illustrator), Felicia Choo (Illustrator), and T. Zysk (Illustrator).

If you haven't read Lumberjanes Vol 1 & 2 yet, I highly recommend them!

Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan


Lumberjanes Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan Graphic Novel


I really enjoyed reading the third volume of Lumberjanes! I love each of these characters so much. It was very fun to see what they get themselves into in this volume. My favorite character is Ripley; I absolutely love to see what she is doing in each frame and her shenanigans are hysterical.

Ripley Cake Scene Lumberjanes


I liked that each ghost story at the beginning had it’s own style of artwork that matched up with each storytellers personality. But overall, I didn’t really love the art in this volume. It seemed more cartoonish than volumes 1 & 2.

The storyline was good. I loved that we were seeing a split story- one with the girls at camp desperately trying to earn normal badges while the other two (Mal and Molly) were in a lost world.

Perusal with the Lumberjane series, plenty of the dialogue and things that were drawn into the comic made me chuckle out loud.

Lumberjanes April Exhausted and Bored Frame

My final thoughts:

I would definitely recommend this graphic novel! I gave the collection four stars.

Thanks for reading!

What is your favorite graphic novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment